• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Monday, December 03, 2007

See ya!

Well, guys, I am off for a few days...until Monday.

Off to clean my house and get ready for the holidays.

... to decorate my Christmas tree with ornaments collected from my childhood through today.

... to put out on the gate the welcome sign that Dr. Harry Pinkofsky and his wife/my friend, Barbara Ruane, who died last year, gave me so many holidays ago.

...to find a spot for the wonderful folk art nativity scene on pink burlap that my mother, the late Sabra B. Martin, stitched up and that brings back so many special memories of her. She had very little money, but always made the season special for me, my dad, the late Robert C. Martin Jr. and my sister, the late Deborah J. Martin Cole

... and to place the many nativity scenes. I don't know how I wound up with so many, but they include: The very special family one that mother pulled together for us via layaway... the more unusual one a Revel artist who stayed in our home sold to Paul and me ... The very small, but exquisite one I bought from a local artist. Each has a traditional spot in our country home.

... and to arrange a wonderful Victorian Christmas book that my grandmother gave me. And that is the centerpiece on a Texas primitive in the entry.

... and to marvel over all the Santas husband Paul L. Schuetze has bought for me at Arkansas craft fairs.

Goodness, is Christmas made of many memories or what.

See you on this blog Monday.

Or at one of the many holiday parties that fill the social calendar from Wednesday through Sunday.

Surely, I will see you at some of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home