• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Friday, November 02, 2007

Hou about a mango lassi?

I love to try new locally-owned restaurants.

Especially those founded by Shreveport-Bossier City restauranteurs from other countries, because it is special to meet new restaurateurs, who are always proud of their enterprise and sample new dishes ... always with different spices and ingredient combinations.

So when Shobha Reddy and LSUS India Studies professor Sanja T. Menon invited me to dine at India’s restaurant, tucked away on a service road off of Youree Drive, I accepted. (It has been there a while and was filled with diners — including nearby Barksdale Air Force Base troops.)

We ate from the buffet.

But, Reddy and Menon recommended I order a "mango lassi," a sort of milkshake.
"It is made with yogurt," said Sri Naidu, who owns India’s with his wife, Rama.

I did. Rich and thick, it is yummy. And would just about provide a meal in itself.

Conclusions: Great food and comfortable atmosphere.

I shall return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home