• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Friday, January 11, 2008

District Attorney party patter

I just never know what I am going to hear at a party, but I keep my ears and eyes open.

Last night at the Krewe of Justinian Royal Banquet at Shreveport Club, over steak and red wine, I was stunned to hear that Caddo Dist. Atty Paul Carmouche might retire.

So, I got up, walked across the room to where Paul was sitting with wife Marti, knelt down and whispered in his ear, "Are you going to retire?"

He smiled, but wouldn't confirm nor deny: "I am going to make an annoucement the middle of next month."

Marti, however, said: "Yes."

Paul kept smiling.

He was 33 in 1978 when he first won a hotly contested race against a candidate everyone thought was a cinch to take over the post being vacated by long time ... and popular ... Caddo DA John Richardson.

If you are wondering who might run? Well, Caddo Dist. Judge Scott Crichton said he is "seriously considering" running. " If Paul does not."

Well. Well.

By the way, Justinian XVI King Merritt Chastain, there with wife Virginia, and Justinian Queen XVI Jan Bookter, there with hubby Claude, hosted the formal, seated dinner.

It is a see-and-be-seen event for the lawyers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home